“The tester looked at me like she wanted to rush me to the hospital.”
A True Story …
Natural Blood Sugar Management –
2. This article suggested green coffee as a natural supplement to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
3. And this site suggested ashwagandha (now available at Perfect Supplements) as a means of regulating blood sugar as well.
There are three different types of sugar issues –
1. Hypoglycemia – Low blood glucose levels, usually less than 70 mg/dl.
2. Hyperglycemia – high blood glucose levels – higher than 130 mg/dl after not eating or drinking for at least 8 hours.
- Increased thirst
- Trouble concentrating
- Blurred vision
- Frequent peeing
- Weight loss
3. Diabetes – Type 1 and Type 2
- Type 1 Diabetes is less common, and occurs when your body does not naturally produce enough insulin to manage sugar levels. Those with type 1 diabetes have extremely high levels and extremely low levels throughout the day and most need insulin injections to manage it.
- Type 2 diabetes is most common. It is when the body has trouble producing enough insulin to correctly function. It can be managed by diet and exercise but can also get worse over time and may eventually require insulin management as well.
Are You Fed Up?
I hate that I am now a statistic, but I am. I am part of the growing issue of unhealthy food, obesity and it’s detrimental side effects. I watched an amazing documentary called Fed Up (now available on Netflix) about childhood obesity and the epidemic that is already happening, and frankly it scared me. We need to inform ourselves and help our children. STARTING NOW!
Stabilizing My Glucose Levels-It’s not just a “fat” issue
I have been taking the green coffee daily, trying to eat healthy whole foods every 2 – 3 hrs, and monitoring my glucose three times a day. I have had three great weeks of stable glucose levels. I know there is a lot more to this issue, but I hope this blog might help someone else in the same situation realize that feeling crappy is more than just a “fat” issue. It’s the diet that is making you fat that is the real problem.