There are going to be many red white and blue recipes to choose from this weekend but I guarantee this is the healthiest version of a patriotic pastry that you will find. It consists entirely of all natural, organic, nutrient dense ingredients-is extremely easy to make- and tastes delicious! A win-win-win!
I was so excited to try out some amazing Gelatin Recipes last week with the newest addition to the Perfect Supplements line- Perfect Bovine Gelatin. Collagen itself has amazing health benefits and the Gelatin version is so much fun to work with! (For an explanation of the difference between the two take a look at this article here).
There are so many awesome recipes out there to choose from! Jessica from Delicious Obsessions has a list of 120 Gelatin recipes alone. I love strawberry pie so I found some great recipes online and modified them to include some nutritious ingredients for a healthy pie high in protein, healthy Omega 3s, Vitamin K, and more. Enjoy!
Fourth of July Strawberry Gelatin Pie
- Coconut Oil- 1/2 cup melted
- Coconut Flour- 3/4 cup
- Coconut Sugar- 1/4 cup
- Grass-Fed Organic High Vitamin Butter Oil-2 tablespoons
- Organic Vanilla Extract- 2 tsp
- Agave Syrup or Honey-2 tablespoons
- Maple Syrup- 2 tablespoons
- Salt- 1/4 tablespoon
- Whole Oats- 3/4 cup
- Pasture Raised Eggs- 2
- Organic Strawberries- 3 quart containers
- Maple syrup-3 tablespoons
- Agave syrup-2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Grass-Fed Bovine Gelatin-2 tablespoons
- Arrowroot Powder-1/2 tablespoon
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Wisk melted coconut oil, 2 tbl blue agave syrup, high vitamin butter oil, vanilla and eggs in medium bowl until well blended. Grind oats and 2 tbl maple syrup in a food processor. Add oat mixture, coconut sugar and coconut flour to bowl and stir to form a soft dough. Mold dough into a small pre-greased pie pan. Poke holes in the bottom with a fork. Cook for 10-15 minutes and set aside to cool.
- quarter and cap 6-8 cups organic strawberries. In medium saucepan heat 2-3 cups strawberries with syrups and lemon juice on medium heat. When starting to boil lower and simmer for 10 minutes. Spoon out strawberries and add to rest in a separate bowl. Let sweet syrup mixture cool for about 5 minutes then whisk in arrowrrot powder until dissolved. Slowly add in Gelatin and whisk until dissolved. Add to strawberry mixture and gently stir. Place into pie crust and chill for one hour.
- Top with homemade raw whipped cream and fruits of choice