Simple question for you: Do you know how to be a happy person??? According to researchers, happiness is 50% genetic, 10% influenced by life circumstances, and 40% influenced by how we think and act on a daily basis. Here are a few things you can try to be a happier individual:
1. Spend a few minutes every day focusing on the things that make you happy. These moments will provide an opportunity to feel grateful for all the positive people and things you have in your life.
2. Do something nice for yourself, a loved one, or even a total stranger. Set some time aside once a week to relax in a long leisurely bath or surprise a favorite relative with lunch. You could bring fresh vegetables from your garden to a neighbor or shock the person behind you in line by paying their tab. Seeing how you can contribute to someone else’s happiness, will just naturally make you happy in return.
3. Cultivate good friendships. Stay in touch with family and friends. We need to love and be loved in return to be truly happy so, despite that very hectic schedule, make an effort to get together and spend quality time with the important people in your life. And studies have shown that healthy social interactions will lengthen your life.
4. Expand your horizons. Try new activities. How about a painting class or a book club?
Research has shown that people who tend to read more are happier than those who watch TV more. And most people feel joy when they are using their talents and abilities to create something.
5. Spend time outdoors. A study done by the University of Rochester found that 90% of participants had a brighter outlook on life after spending time around trees, flowers and living creatures. So take a walk in the park or zoo with your children or grandchildren. (You can’t help having a smile on your face watching youngsters imitate those cute monkeys!)
6. Listen to music. Several studies have shown that listening to music that you enjoy, whether it’s classical, jazz, oldies, heavy metal or reggae, can lift your spirits and enhance your mood.
7. Add Green Pasture Fermented Cod Liver Oil to your daily dietary supplement regimen. Studies have demonstrated that the omega 3 fatty acids in the fish oil can increase your brain’s ability to receive mood-boosting signals from serotonin and norepinephrine. Your brain depends on these mood-boosting nutrients and when food we eat is lacking in these essential nutrients, anxiety and depression may set in.
Green Pasture Fermented Cod Liver Oil will not only lift your mood, it will boost your energy level and improve your immune system.
The best quote to summarize happiness goes to Abraham Lincoln who said,
“Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Here is a huge selection of Happiness Quotes…enjoy!