This casserole is so easy, anyone can make it! Filled with nutrient dense foods that contain plenty of protein, this dish will satisfy the whole family. Kale and bacon make a delicious flavor combo and if you haven’t tried it yet, prepare to be blown away. Sometimes I make this dish for breakfast; I forgo the quinoa and baking and simply stir fry the the remaining ingredients -add a fried egg on top- delicious!
Family Size Quinoa Kale Casserole
6 crimini mushrooms
2-3 strips pastured bacon
2 cloves garlic
1 bunch kale
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup grass-fed ricotta cheese
½ cup grass-fed parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bacon in a non-toxic skillet over medium heat.
3. While bacon is cooking, wash and slice the crimini mushrooms and then de-stem and roughly chop the kale.
4. When bacon is finished cooking, remove from heat and add sliced mushroom and minced garlic to the bacon grease. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are browned. Set aside mushrooms.
5. Add chopped kale to skillet and cook until just wilted, about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
6. While sautéing mushrooms and kale, find time to crumble bacon and set aside.
7. In a large casserole dish, combine quinoa, mushrooms and kale, ricotta, and half the crumbled bacon. Stir to combine.
8. Sprinkle casserole with parmesan cheese and top with remaining bacon.
9. Place casserole in oven and cook until cheese has melted, about 10-12 minutes.
10. Enjoy! This healthy casserole serves 4-5 people.