Thanksgiving is almost here and we have a wonderful Holiday Recipe for you to try. It isn’t overly sweet like many of the traditional sweet potato recipes and it uses healthy coconut oil.
5 sweet potatoes (not too large), peeled and cubed
¼ cup coconut oil (Perfect Coconut oil from Perfect Supplements)
½ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup water
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the coconut oil, maple syrup, water, cranberries, and pecans.
- Spread sweet potato mixture in a single layer in a large well-oiled roasting pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil. After baking for 25 minutes toss the sweet potato mixture. Continue baking for another 25-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serves 12 as a side dish.