Spirulina contains a huge variety of nutrients, including a high percentage of protein and 18 amino acids. Minerals such as, iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, and Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, E and K are also present in spirulina. This super alga also provides a high concentration of vitamin A as beta-carotene, omega 6 fatty acids such as gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), and chlorophyll. Perfect Spirulina contains 65% complete protein. In comparison, beef is only 22% protein.
The Health Benefits of Perfect Spirulina:
- 18 Types of Amino Acids including All Essential Amino Acids – The building blocks of protein, the essential amino acids cannot be produced by the human body and must be obtained through food.
- Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) – An Omega 6 fatty acid known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Spirulina may assist in the alleviation of arthritis because of GLA.
- Vitamin A as Betacarotene – Strengthens the immune system and fights cell damage from free radicals. Spirulina has the highest concentration of Betacarotene available; just 3 grams of Spirulina provides 90% of your RDA of Vitamin A.
- Consumers Report Increased Energy – Spirulina may assist with the body’s cellular communication process, and repair DNA. It may also assist in the reduction of cholesterol and body acidity.
- Excellent Source of Plant-Based Iron – Those who suffer from anemia, a deficiency in red blood cells and/or hemoglobin, respond well to the vegan iron available in Spirulina.
Spirulina on Our Blog
Check out interesting information about spirulina on our health blog.
Spirulina in Our Store
Perfect Spirulina is 100% Organic and
Fairly Traded Spirulina… Spirulina is a spiral shaped blue-green alga that grows naturally in warm fresh water ponds and lakes.