Nutrient-Dense Superfoods Recommended in Nourishing Traditions
The following two publications are available free with membership to the Weston A. Price Foundation – become a member at www.westonaprice.org
- Wise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts – a quarterly journal available from The Weston A. Price Foundation
- Shopping Guide from The Weston A. Price Foundation – an incredibly useful little pocket guide for finding the healthiest food, and which foods to avoid. Categories include Real, Raw Milk products, Bone-Broth, Lacto-Fermented products, Traditional Fats, Pasture-Fed Livestock, and Nutrient-Dense Foods.
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats, (book review) was written by Sally Fallon, the president and co-founder of the Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF). Even though this book has over 700 recipes, it is more than just a cookbook. Interspersed between the recipes are pearls of nutritional wisdom from Dr. Price and other nutritionists. Nourishing Traditions will teach you some important truths about what you’re eating and may inspire you to change your diet.
- Eat Fat, Lose Fat: Lose Weight and Feel Great with Three Delicious, Science-based Coconut Diets (book review) co-authored by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, PhD., a nutritionist, and co-founder and Vice President of WAPF. Dr. Enig is a staunch advocate of coconut oil and has written several articles about its health benefits, especially lauric acid. Eat Fat, Lose Fat is a book explaining how a coconut- based diet can aid in weight loss due to the medium chain fatty acids in the coconut oil which speed up metabolism, thereby burning more calories and encouraging weight loss.
- The Fourfold Path to Healing by Thomas S. Cowan, PhD, with contributions by Sally Fallon – This book looks at the Healing Arts with dietary suggestions and nurturing therapies for major illnesses.
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price, DDS. This is the book that describes Dr. Price’s research and includes pictures from each of the countries that he visited. Pictures compare the isolated tribes eating traditional foods (beautiful wide faces with perfect, straight teeth) and their neighboring counterparts who had begun to eat modern and refined foods (narrow faces with crooked and decayed teeth).
Weston A. Price Foundation Websites
www.westonaprice.org – loaded with information about nutrient-dense food
www.realmilk.com – A Campaign for Real Milk – pasture-fed, unprocessed, and Full-Fat.
For detailed information about the safety and health benefits of raw milk, and where to find it.
Perfect Supplements is dedicated to providing only the highest quality supplements—pure, organic (whenever possible), pesticide free, sustainably-grown, and fairly-traded, with no fillers, artificial colors or flavorings. And we are proud to feature superfoods inspired by the Weston A. Price Foundation.
Looking for Weston A. Price inspired superfoods? Please visit the Weston A. Price section in our store.