The Perfect Supplements family loves supporting our local economy, particularly our local farmers. Here are dozens of last minute ideas, from unique art work to rock climbing.
Here are a few ideas to support your local farmers during the Holiday Season.
1. Farm Stand Gift Shop – Many of our local farms have Gift Shops full of hand crafts and artisan foods, such as local honey, maple syrup, and jams.
2. Fresh evergreen wreaths and centerpieces make lovely hostess gifts.
3. Farm CSA Share – Give the gift of fresh produce throughout the year by purchasing a share of a farm through Community Supported Agriculture.
4. Gift someone a Food Co-op Membership – The recipient receives membership privileges / discounts, and the co-op supports local farmers.
Looking for a unique hand made item? Something you won’t find in a department store? Here are few ideas for where to find that one-of-a-kind.
5. Holiday Craft Fairs – Check your local paper for listings.
6. Gift shops that feature local artists – In Southern RI we love Tula Tinkers and Mills Creek.
7. Your local Art Association may be hosting a sale – I picked up some lovely pottery at the South County Art Association.
8. Did you know you can search for local handmade items on Etsy?
Give the gift of relaxation and pampering with one of these service gift cards.
9. Your loved one’s favorite hair salon.
10. Manicure or Pedicure
11. Massage, Facial, or perhaps an all-inclusive Spa Day!
12. How about hiring someone to clean the house?
13. Or the gift of learning with a class, such as painting or pottery.
14. Support local entertainment with a gift of tickets to a local theater.
I already mentioned farms and co-ops, but there are many more ways to satisfy the foodie in your life.
15. A Gift Certificate for a Local Restaurant (the key here is local, not a national chain)
16. How about your loved one’s favorite Local (not Starbucks) Coffee Shop?
17. Put together a Gift Basket that includes only locally made items, such as jams, soaps, candles, etc.
Local Healthy Activities
I love the idea of gifting experiences, and there are so many healthy options. Particularly in winter in New England, we are always looking for ways to move our bodies indoors, or maybe out in the snow.
18. A membership for your loved one’s local YMCA.
19. A gift certificate for indoor Rock Climbing – our local place is Rock Spot.
20. Our family loves bowling in the wintertime – hello AMF!
21. Give warm and cozy with a yoga class – All That Matters is a lovely local spot.
22. A gift certificate for rollerskating or ice skating.
23. How about lift tickets for a local ski mountain? We love Yawgoo Valley!
A Local Favorite
Are you, or someone you know, a Homemade Healer? Do you need an attractive and sturdy, leak-proof glass jar to transport your healthy smoothies? Then you should check out www.iamtra.com, and their store on Etsy. They offer lots of locally made, unique and healthy gift ideas, like these Homemade Healer (26 oz) jars.
Do you have any local suggestions that I missed? Please share!
Feature pic copyright: kesu87 / 123RF Stock Photo